Retford Reflexology, Massage & BeautyFacials:
A facial is a beauty treatment intended to improve the appearance of the skin of the face, as by massage, the application of creams and astringents,etc.
The term 'facial massage' is thought to originate from either the Arabic for 'press softly' or from the Greek 'knead'. The main aim of a facial massage is to improve the function of the skin. As Mae West said "You are never too old to look younger". There are many styles available, and each describes them in a different way.
Other benefits of facial massage are:
◦ Relaxes and aids sleep
◦ Improves circulation
◦ Increases the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the skin and muscles
◦ Improves cellular activity
◦ Improves lymph flow
◦ Stimulates the removal of waste products
◦ Products are more easily absorbed into the skin
◦ Relives puffiness
◦ Improves the texture of the skin.
Contra-indications to facial:
◦ Skin Diseases and disorders
◦ Open skin infection inflammation or healing skin
◦ Bruising, cuts, broken skin
◦ Recent breaks or sprains
◦ Recent scar tissue
◦ Hyper sensitive skin or product allergies
◦ Eye infections including conjunctivitis
◦ Excessively loose skin
◦ Blood pressure problems
◦ Swelling or inflammation
◦ Diabetes as the skin is more prone to bruising.